Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mothers Day

I remember Mothers Day when I was growing up.  A day or two before Sunday my dad and I would go to the grocery store.  I think it was often the Ralphs that was just down the street.  There we would pick out a flower corsage for my mom.  We'd take it home and put it into the garage refrigerator to keep it fresh.  I'm not sure if we put it out there to also hide it, not that mom didn't know to expect it, ;-).  Then on Sunday morning we'd get it for mom so that she could wear it to church.

Obviously I haven't been able to do this for many years, but I did give my mom a call.  As usual I told her that she was my favourite mother.  For some reason she always brings up the insignificant fact that she is my only mother when I tell her that.  :-)

~Matt

1 comment:

Mark Baker said...

Whenever my mom complains that she is my only mother after I say she's my favorite mother, I decide she's my least favorite mother. She doesn't like that any better.

Go figure!