Thursday, January 06, 2011

Website music

Have you ever visited a website that immediately started playing a song?  I strongly dislike websites that do that--especially when I have to hunt around and figure out how to turn it off.  Sometimes when I can't find the switch right away I just leave the website, ignoring whatever it was I came to see.  This morning I visited a site that had a wonderful, prominent link to turn the music off!  It wasn't bad music, and I might even listen if I go back, but I really appreciated the link.

Last night I visited City Barbecue with my friends Kyle and Amanda...and it was good food.  As I'm off today I decided to poke around their website and see if I could learn more about the store (yes, I'm slightly bored as I've read most of the blogs I keep up on and Facebook posts).  As I said the page loaded with music, and then I saw a link at the top of the page: Stop the music!.  It was a wonderful sight.  :-)

~Matt

PS Apparently the restaurants are local to the Tri-State (Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky).  But if you like barbecue and are in the area they're well worth visiting!

No comments: