Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Lake Yellowstone

After walking around the Fishing Bridge Museum we walked out the back door towards Lake Yellowstone.  It was a beautiful day to look at the water.

Between the building and the lake there is a small stand of trees.  The grey stonework, brown logs, green trees, blue water, and white clouds all went together quite well.

As you can see from the overhead view below the walk wasn't very long at all from the museum, marked with the red pin.  Also not the amphitheater and the parking lot at the top of the view.

Once we walked down to the beach I started taking pictures with both my camera and my iPhone.  But first here is a video of the surroundings:


Driftwood is amazing.  If I could have done so legally I would have brought some home.

The trees stretched into the distance.

With high flying clouds and no mist/clouds near the ground the mountains were very visible.

My camera zoomed in on the mountains as much as it could.

The waves kept crashing in.

Here you can actually hear the waves.  I recorded this thinking it might be relaxing to listen to later.


After turning to go back up the steps towards the Museum I had to compose a shot of Amy at the top of those wonderful stairs.

~Matt

No comments: