Friday, September 20, 2013

Montgomery County Fair

I'm a bit late typing this up, but better late than never, right?

[August 28, 2013] At the end of August, which was about a month ago (it doesn't feel that long), Amy and I headed up to Montgomery County Fair in Dayton, Ohio with a couple friends. It happened to be opening night for the fair and admission was free (who can argue with a great deal like that?)
Amy drove me into work that morning since I was working at the Museum Center so that she and Abigail could pick me up after work.  It didn't seem to make sense to me to drive south to get home, pick them up, and then drive back north towards the fair (which was about an hour away).
Amy did a great job picking out Abigail's outfit--they were great clothes for her to wear to her first fair.
Perhaps in a year or two we'll be able to take her through a petting zoo, but at this time she isn't quite big enough to appreciate the animals.
She did like staring at this bunny.
I like this sign--and I make sure to keep Abigail from getting too close.
This is the "rabbit" that our friend Brion describes as a dog.  I have to agree with him that it look far more like a dog than a rabbit.
Because we stayed out so late we missed giving Abigail a bath this night, but we got to see plenty of kids washing their small animals.
LaMancha goats look so strange.  I think if you look just at their heads they almost look reptilian with their tiny ears.
These goats were hungry.
We did see any cows being milked, but we did spy this goat.
I enjoy seeing cows.  One of my uncles owned a dairy farm when I was younger.
Of course I had to get photographic proof that Abigail was at the fair.
Amy was glad to just have one baby when she looked at this mother, ;-).
The parking area was in the center of the racetrack.
Abigail loves her fingers--but she bites on them rather than sucking.
The sunset was pretty.
I thought this pumpkin was clever.
Here are our friends Brion and Edana right before we headed for home.
On the way home my car hit 120,021 miles--just as we pulled into a rest area to feed Abigail.

We definitely plan to take Abigail to plenty of fairs in the future.  Someday I want to take her to the LA County Fair, the largest county fair in the world!

~Matt

No comments: