Thursday, October 15, 2009

History Trip

I was off today and visited a couple of historical sites with my sister and her two kids that are homeschooled.

The first was the Rankin House, where prominent abolitionists lived before the Civil War. The house overlooks the Ohio River and was an important stop on the underground railroad.






I love photographing signs.



View from the front window.



Old books, :-).



The tour guide was interesting to talk to, and we were the only people there.



John Rankin



I liked this old globe, but I couldn't see any coherent details.



A fun sign:



Oh, can't you read it? ;-) Here is a close up.



This room of displays was upstairs.

The attic was also very interesting.

Rope beds had to be tightened.



The cellar is now full of heating equipment, but the stairs are original.







The path was pretty cool.




Tomorrow I'll post about the other place we visited on the way home.

~Matt

-- Posted from my iPhone
(c) 2009 iWolff Ltd.

No comments: