Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mongol

I recently watched the movie "Mongol."



It was a good movie. I'm not sure about all of the historical details but am inclined to be lenient. First, how many historical films are 100% accurate anyway? Secondly, it was a wonderful piece of cinamatography (sp?). And finally, I think some details of Genghis Khan's early life are sketchy--it isn't as bad as some of the fiction we see in the newspapers masquerading as fact.

The movie was in Mongolian, but that didn't hinder my enjoyment. It was similar to the manner in which Apolycapto and The Passion were still very understandable despite the foreign language. Sometimes I think I catch more dialogue in subtitled films, e.g. whispers.

If you like historic films or grand epics give this movie a shot.

I read that this movie is hopefully the first of three. I hope this is true, and I'll definitely look for the others (reportedly the sequel The Great Khan will be released in 2010) when they are made.

~Matt

-- Posted from my iPhone
(c) 2009 iWolff Ltd.

No comments: