Saturday, August 17, 2013

Abigail's First Trip

[This is an old post that should have been posted back in mid-June.  Unfortunately I never did have time to post this during the actual trip it was written to describe.  It was a very busy (and fun) week with family touring around Michigan.  Hopefully I will be able to recount some of it soon.]

[June 18, 2013] Today we left on Abigail's first trip. My grandmother (her great-grandmother) passed away at the end of last year. A memorial service was planned for the summer to give family time to gather. Thankfully Abigail was born early enough that we could come with her. She is three weeks old today.

We saw some interesting clouds as we drove around the east side of Cincinnati seeking to avoid rush hour traffic.

I wondered about this road--does it ever dead end, leading to the question "do we need more road?"  ;-)

Of course we had to stop a couple times to feed Abigail, but she was fairly good on the trip, sleeping quite a bit.

I'm still amazed at her feet, so tiny and perfect.

It was nice to eat a relaxing lunch on a trip as we pulled over into a rest area with my parents.

I wasn't quite so impressed with this sign at the Indiana welcome center.


Before too long we got to Michigan and our home for the next week.



~Matt



No comments: