Saturday, May 13, 2006

Rain, Rain

Come again tomorrow as I'm not working! :-) Normally I'd be sad about missing work on Sunday (we get an extra $1.50 per hour) but on the other hand it is Mother's Day and promises to be a very busy day at the store. So in the balance it isn't a bad day to have off. We'll see how much of that cheerful attitude I have when my paycheck comes though, ;-).

Today it didn't rain much, only a very few, very light drizzles through the morning. Then after 15:00 it started to rain hard at one point, but then only lightly for a while. I went out without a jacket and didn't really get very wet, I was certainly dry by the time that I left at 17:00. I even had my window down when I was on surface streets driving home.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before here (but I think that I have)--but now that I'm working outside I don't like rain so much unless it is a day off! :-) With any other job I could love the city of Seattle with all of the rain it gets--or even parts of Hawaii. Moving through or driving through rain is different than working in it, pulling rows of carts through a parking lot pocketed with deep puddles.

~Matt

1 comment:

Qalmlea said...

Rather than fighting the rain, simply enjoy the lessons it teaches you.