Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Forest Gump

The only scene in this movie that I've seen is the one where the kid is running away from people and somebody yells "Run Forest Run." I think a teacher showed it in school, or somebody in Sunday School/Youth Group. I'm not quite sure where it was. But other than that I've not yet seen this movie. It was due today, but I wanted to see it--so I'll return it tomorrow (I'm off work and will be job hunting). The dollar late fee is acceptable as a rental fee, ;-). Normally I wouldn't be this bad, but I've not had much time for movies lately, especially when I don't remember them until it is too late and I'm working the next morning or I'm too tired.

Oh, I do remember something else. Paul Shanklin has a great parody of this movie with Forest Gore, the man with a room temperature IQ. At one point Forest says the following to President Clinton: "My mama says your foreign policy is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." :-)

~Matt

2 comments:

Becky said...

I have also recently rented Forest Gump, as well as Rain Man, for Kate and I to watch. I hadn't seen either in a long time and wasn't remembering the rougher parts. They both have some great moments and some bad ones. Hanks and Hoffman were both outstanding.

Another, lesser-known movie, in which an actor plays a mentally challenged person, is Digging to China with Kevin Bacon. It is strange, but interesting. I loved I Am Sam. Penn is an awesome actor, though I don't care for his politics.

Matt said...

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with those descriptions--same with Penn. I haven't seen Digging to China, but I might look for it now. Thanks.