Sunday, July 23, 2006

Nice Weather

Being off in the summer I never had to experience the worst of summer weather in Santa Clarita. My sister just e-mailed to say that it was up to 117 degrees this weekend! By contrast we had low humidity and a high of around 80 today in northern Kentucky. :-) I can't really complain now.

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment to get an eye exam, then I'm going next door to Lenscrafters with my prescription so that I can buy a new pair of glasses! These will be the first pair that I've ever had to buy myself (all others came while I was under my parent's insurance and they were paying for things). My current pair are my backup pair (Mark should remember the time he drove to my house so I could pick them up) after I lost my then current pair in the Pacific Ocean. I am long overdue to get a new pair, especially since the screw holes are stripped and only broken off paperclips twisted through are holding them together. I've simply been too lazy and cheap to do anything up until now. :-)

~Matt

1 comment:

Becky said...

It's been hot here, but not up to 117! However, when I looked out at 7:40 this morning it was 80 on our front porch. I was wondering why the house warmed up instead of cooling down overnight with the windows open.

Congratulations on getting new glasses! I am sure you will be happy having real hinges instead of paper clips. I was hoping you weren't going to say that you were using tape to hold them together. *grins*