Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rain...Rain

Yeah, I think I've had a similarly titled post before--but it had a comma between the words--so this is different! :-) This morning I was convinced that it would rain all day--so I started pulling in carts around 13:00 (I worked 12:00-20:00) and my pants were quickly drenched. The rest of me was okay because of my cheap poncho (work provided) that has more duct tape than anything, ;-).

After I had the entire lot cleared it actually did stop raining for a few hours--unfortunately it was quite warm and very muggy. It was miserable. Leaving the quite cool store several times my glasses fogged up as I walked into the heat. Then as I was clearing the lot for the last time before I clocked out it started raining again--and this time it was pouring. I was almost dried out--but of course that didn't last in the pouring rain. I'm going to have to let my boots dry out normally (they're leather and not waterproffed because the soles are cracked) and use an old pair tomorrow so my feet will be dry for at least a while (more rain is predicted on the morrow).

~Matt

1 comment:

kate said...

Apparently I wasn't paying attention to the sky today. I thought it was a sunny morning, but it turned out to be partly cloudy, considering there was a freak shower (in full sunlight) right when I got to work. It lasted about five minutes, of course; just long enough to get me wet. Stupid weather, anyway.