Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Bread

I finally bought bread this week.  Well, I didn't have time to shop, so my sister did my shopping for me and I asked her to pick up two loaves of bread.  I've been pulling bread from bigg's anniversary sale almost two months ago out of my freezer ever since I moved into my apartment.  However, recently I've begun to get tired of having to slice the small loaves and fix three or four mini sandwiches to equal two normal sandwiches.

Therefore since I only have one bag of five mini-loaves in my freezer and about half a bag thawed I reasoned it was time to start buying bread.  I will keep using the bigg's bread, but just for toast or when I want a slice of bread with my dinner.

On the lines of food I think I need to come up with a menu list.  Every week I draw up a menu of the meals I'm going to cook and then I buy whatever food/supplies I need to make those meals (beyond what I already have in my kitchen).  I enjoy this, it is cheap, and provides filling meals.  One problem though is that I usually make the list at the last minute and I cannot always think of good meals that I haven't just done in the previous week.  I think that I need to start keeping track of the menu meals I produce so that I can consult this database when making each week's menu/shopping list.

~Matt

--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

No comments: