Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Five hours

I was on the road for five hours to get home through the snow! This route normally takes me around thirty minutes (or just a bit under that). And I think I only made it home so early (around eight--having left work at 14:45) because I left the interstate at one point and took some surface streets that my brother-in-law pointed out might be quicker.

The last two miles I was on the interstate too me two hours to travel!! *sigh* My van is parked down the street at the house of my brother-in-law's mom since I don't want to risk my very sloped driveway in the morning. My landlord just plowed it out--he was working when I came home--but I don't want to take the chance.

I like snow, but this was crazy. One bad thing was that I didn't have my camera. I would have loved to have taken some pictures while I was stopped in traffic for minutes at a time!

~Matt

PS Here is a link to a map of the route that I normally take home. I followed it until I was nearly to the river--that is where I deviated.
--
"A room without books is as a body without a soul." -Cicero

1 comment:

Becky said...

Sounds frustrating! Times like these call for audio books or really good CD's. You should carry MacArthur's teachings in your car; those would help pass the time! We are having weather in the upper 40's this week. A nice change.