Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Taste of Rainbows

Amy and I are still on vacation, but we're in a campground with free wireless internet access.  Now our site doesn't have electric, so I can't use it for too long, but I needed to find some information, so I booted up my computer.  We forgot to ask for tourist maps ahead of time like we did for our summer trip, and to avoid a toll road we took back roads into New York (thus bypassing welcome centers).  As we were plotting out tomorrow's route across Ontario we realized that the GPS had Canadian information--but won't unlock it unless you buy a $49.99 upgrade.  I didn't feel like doing that just for one drive across the southern portion of Ontario (however, I'm sure I will before we ever plan a driving trip through the Canadian Rockies someday--something I really want to do).  So I had to find a solution, especially since we're leaving early in the morning--well before the welcome centers open.  I discovered that you can download Ontario road maps--so I had Amy download the three maps that show southern Ontario.  So anyway, I'm going to shut my computer down soon, but I thought I'd post a few rainbow pictures from the day today just as a taste of what I'll end up posting later.

This beautiful rainbow appeared while we were walking along the Canadian side of the gorge.  The American Falls are in the background as is the Rainbow Bridge that we walked over into Canada.

























The rainbow looks like it originated in this old building (I'm not sure what it is--perhaps an old power generation building?) down on the river.


And then it looks like the other end comes from or goes into the Maid of the Mist boat.


This rainbow was visible over the American Falls as we stood on the mainland looking towards Goat Island.


As I said this is only a preview.  Expect to see many more Niagara Falls pictures (and videos) posted to this blog sometime in the near-ish future!

~Matt


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful.

~Cheryl