Friday, December 10, 2004

Early to Rise

Well I've got a good deal again today...I'll be meeting a driver at the same place and time. I got up early today (and the call came in earlier) so I've got some time to do something like actually eat breakfast! :-) On the flight out here to the east I flew first class (the perks of a brother-in-law who is an airline co-pilot and was nice enough to get me a stand-by pass, whereby you get upgraded to first class if there is room) and had cream chese on my bagel (I'd never really eaten it much before--but I've found now that I like it). Oh, but it was great to have a glass juice glass...but anyway, that was then (though when I fly home Christmas I might get first class again :-) ).

I'm just a bit sore from yesterday actually...and I didn't get sore yesterday. It is a job that is hard work, but it isn't too hard. I'm looking forward to another day! :-) Hey, I'm getting paid for this, and I enjoy it, not bad, eh?

Oh, and I have an update on my moving situation. It looks as though I'll be renting a U-Haul in California after all...but coming east with both my parents who will be babysitting my sister's kids while my sister and brother-in-law are away. This means they'll pay the motel bills (and for their meals) and I'll just have to pay whatever is charged for my being the third person in the room and for my meals... :-) (oh, and for gas). But at least most of the trip will be out of California's high priced gas areas!! Well that is all for now, I need to get off-line and go get some food for breakfast so I can get dressed and off to work on time.

~Matt

1 comment:

f8d90a said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your work! I had a really great time at work last night, myself. It was just Zac, Joey (coworker), and I... no supervisors or anything. So, we had a great time. We still worked efficiently, but the work was easier than when Margaret (the Dining Room Supervisor) is there, because she doesn't really help very much... I really hope she doesn't come back!!

So... easier work, didn't have to worry about Margaret coming up with some weird idea... and a great evening.

Hope the rest of your days are as enjoyable as this first one!

~Christopher