Saturday, January 16, 2010

Waiting for laundry

I'm currently waiting for my laundry to finish. Hopefully it will be done rather soon. Today was a busy day. It started out early in the morning going to an apartment complex owned by TMC. Since they're not using it for students they rent out the apartments and one has been arranged for missionaries who are going to be in the States for a year (coming back from India). My sister has been helping to spearhead the project to furnish the apartment through their church. I was recruited to be a BOB (beast of burden--somehow that happens frequently when I visit people like my siblings and parents...) and help move some of the large furniture.

Then this evening my sister and brother-in-law went out to dinner, so I stayed home and watched their kids. It was fun. I used to do this fairly frequently (once a week) when I was in college. Tonight I made dinner and we baked and decorated Christmas cookies (Pictures on Facebook). Soon I'll head to bed and will then wake up for my final day in California. As I've noted a couple other places and times I'm not completely ready to head back home. That is the problem with taking vacation, I get used to wherever I'm at. I love my job and do want to get back to it and life in Kentucky, but it was great to be here as well. Of course it was just a visit and I couldn't stay much longer anyway, but it still feels like I'm leaving too soon. I wonder if I'll be able to come out next year for the next Truth and Life Conference. Unless I can find really good deals on airline tickets I don't think I can justify coming out each year, but on the other hand I really do enjoy things like this, and it is good to visit California. We'll see...I am considering Colorado right now. I need to do some quick research and see what tickets cost, what I can afford, and when (and if) counselors are needed at Twin Peaks... Much thinking lies ahead, and I know it will be a busy week at work. I have a program to help out with on Friday and then an overnight Friday night...

~Matt

PS Time edited to reflect Pacific time...it was still Saturday for me when I posted this entry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to put Idaho on your places to visit.

~Cheryl

Matt said...

That is true, definitely true...