Monday, June 12, 2006

I...feel...like...crap...

First of all I couldn't sleep last night. I was lightly dozing much of the night, with vivid dreams that kept me feeling active and unable to relax. Then sometime after two in the morning I vomited--this repeated several times up into the morning today (probably will happen again as well). Oh, diahrea as well. But that is enough about that. All of this to say that I've had to call in sick to work for the first time since I moved to Kentucky.

At one point last night (or early this morning) as I was tossing and turning I was half hoping it was psychological because I didn't wan tto go to work. But i knew that when everything kept going that it was real. I can only hope this is a twenty-four hour flu such as the one I caught Thanksgiving of '04.

I might be on-line a bit today, but probably not much. I can't even keep water down right now so I'm trying ot eat ice chips (good motherly advice) and hope that will alleviate my thirst. Right now nothing sounds better than a tall cold glass of ice water or cranberry juice, but sadly I can have neither. :( Speaking of moms though, they make great nurses--even when you're no longer living with them. She listens to me, sympathizes with my groaning, and was quite helpful. I love my mom! :-)

~Matt

No comments: