Monday, January 22, 2018

Museum of the Bible - Part IX - Gift Shop and Conclusion

After we finished going through The Impact of the Bible it was nearly four in the afternoon.  We hadn't planned to spend quite so long at Museum of the Bible and had originally thought we'd end up spending half of the day elsewhere in the city, perhaps going through one or more Smithsonian museums.  However we thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent going through the museum.

We actually didn't even get to see everything.  There were several traveling exhibits that we missed, and there was one paid exhibit that I'd thought about seeing, but with the time left it wasn't worth it.

I spotted this at one point, so it it looks like another high tech attraction will be coming at some point.

Of course I had to look at their point of sale systems.  Since those are what I work with every day I find it fascinating to see what system different places use when I visit.  I'm not familiar with this system, but it was interesting to note that they used the large iPad Pro for their screen--making sure they had plenty of screen available.

 This display was visible when we first entered.

 I had no idea that there were Bible editions of Apples to Apples and Scrabble.

 The gift shop was of a decent size and had quite a few products available.

 Branded gummy worms were even available.

 There was no shortage of branded products with many varieties of mugs.

 Cups and hats are also available.

We even saw Museum of the Bible pajamas!

We'll definitely be going back to the museum again sometime.  It was an amazing experience and one that I want to both repeat and expand, seeing even more the next time we visit, including all that we missed this time or that is added between now and then.

I hope that you've enjoyed this tour through Museum of the Bible and I hope that you're inspired to plan your own visit to this amazing attraction.

All of my photos that aren't exhibit specific are in this album.  Tomorrow I'll conclude with photos from the remainder of the day in Washington DC.

~Matt

No comments: