Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I'm too lazy

to find a picture for this post, ;-).

Today was a great day. As I posted earlier I took my nephew through the Museum Center, specifically the History and Natural History museums, and the Nicholas and Alexandra exhibit (as well as Monkey King). Later when I take two of his siblings back through the Children's Museum I'll take him with me to help keep an eye on them, and so he can see Children's. I was very impressed with the History Museum. The upper level included a multi-era model of the city, showing many historic buildings and features (including the museum center back when it was a train station only). Then a larger WWII section included a gentleman who told us many stories about Cincinnati during the Second World War--I think we spent a half-hour in a trolly car listening to him talk, it was awesome!! Then the lower levels had an interactive walkthrough timeline of Cincinnati history that included several re-enactor types (we saw a working print shop) and detailed life-size examples of architecture from various periods.

Besides the usual "millions of years ago" nonsense (I can't wait for the Creation Museum by AiG to be finished) the Natural History museum was also fascinating, including a large recreation of a cave. Well I'd better sign off now as I want to get some reading done, I have work tomorrow, and most importantly Chris wants the computer back, ;-).

~Matt

No comments: