Thursday, March 24, 2005

Long Time No Post

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Okay, yeah, it has been a while since I've updated. I really don't have an explanation, I'm not sure why I ignored my blog for so long. Of course the reason I usually try to not do this is that it is then too hard to remember everything significant that has happened over the last few days. *sigh* I'll just go over what highlights I, in my old age ;-), can remember.

Work has been going well, last week we had over 100 people to the exhibit each day, and this week (though I just started working yesterday) we've had over 200 each day--yesterday it was 348! At times when we're between "rushes" it does get boring if I'm stuck wandering the inside of the exhibit, but I enjoy being on tickets where I get to read! :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Last week I went through the Nicholas and Alexandra exhibit, containing over 250 artifacts from the last Tsar and his family. It was a very fascinating experience. All of the family members were avid photographers and took thousands of pictures. There are over 250 photo albums in existence, and several were on display along with many pictures that the family had taken. One of my co-workers (Sue) was reading a book on the Tsar and his wife (entitled Nicholas and Alexandra ;-)) by Robert K. Massie. I started reading the book and my copy should be arriving from Barnes and Noble this morning. I've not finished the book yet, but the start definately hooked me. Additionally I attened a lecture by the author at the museum center where he went over some of the book's content and how and why he wrote the volume. The question and answer session was especially interesting as it brought up different tidbits of information and explanation. If you're looking to learn more about the last Russian Imperial family then definately check out Massie's book!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Spending my birthday money at Half-Priced Books I came across this volume and while it is certainly quite readable I think I'll be going back to add another one to my list. I'm still in the middle of this volume and while I've found it quite interesting I've read a couple reviews that seem to indicate it compresses the depiction of Hamilton's latter years. There was another Hamilton biography at the bookstore, and perhaps I'll pick that up to suplement this work.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And finally the news several people have been waiting so long to hear. I sent my computer in to be repaired the day before yesterday! :-)

And now I'm off to get ready for work. I shall truly strive to be more punctual updating this.

~Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

purchase phentermine online buy real phentermine - phentermine joplin mo