Sunday, February 07, 2010

Making Dessert


So I decided to make desserts for the Super Bowl party today...I mean the Super Bowl Commercial party, ;-). I know, desserts are my standby, but I didn't go the easy route today and do anything that I've done before. I made a peanut butter pie and a cheese cake pie and then I made apple dumplings.

My eldest sister Laurie has made these and I think Cheryl did as well. The recipe is found here on the Pioneer Woman website. Just as a clue I'll say that the recipe, made in a 9 x 13 pan includes two sticks of butter. I'm not so sure that I'll take these over tonight, they might be too messy... ;-) I'll taste test them and then decide if everybody else would actually enjoy them.

The picture above is of the pan ready to go into the oven, after the Mountain Dew was added. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that ingredient? If you click on the recipe link above you'll see in progress pictures...I didn't see any point in taking my own pictures at each stage since I could just link to that page.

~Matt

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I haven't made these. I have only done the baked apples.

~Cheryl