Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stargazing




I just got home from another Stargazer's Night at the Creation Museum. Nobody had expected it to be clear, so I'd really only been prepared for an indoor session. Mars was quite close, so Dr. Lisle decided to get out the scopes.

We used a new scope tonight--a refractor, which is slightly different from the three reflecting telescopes AiG already owns. I also tried something new. The last time I took pictures was for the lunar eclipse in February 2008. I've never managed to duplicate the quality of those shots, but last night I put my iPhone's camera up to the eyepiece and grabbed the above shot of the moon. I think it turned out rather well.

~Matt

PS This is another "composed near midnight posted in the morning" posts. ;-)

-- Posted from my iPhone
(c) 2010 iWolff Ltd.

Location:Highland Ave,Fort Mitchell,United States

No comments: