Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians - Chapter 08

In this chapter Alcatraz discovered that much of what he thought about global geography isn’t true and that there are three secret continents!

8YO: “It would have been four before they lost Australia.” (It was revealed last chapter that Australia is a recent Librarian conquest that has been added to the Hushlands not that long ago.)


I actually spoiled this surprise a bit as I showed the kids the map included with the book back when I first started reading the book. This gorgeous piece is actually printed on the inside of the dust jacket.  I love that it is here since you don't lose any detail to the spine of the book as you would if it were printed on a spread inside of the book.  I also really like it as it was only first available with this edition of the book--not the original Scholastic editions that I first read, and I presume while it may be included in the new paperbacks it obviously can't be as nice as those books lack a dust jacket.
































Somehow while infiltrating a library Alcatraz broke a carpet.

8YO: “What? He broke the… πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

4YO: “He’s a breaker. He’s a breaker [6YO].”

6YO: “[4YO] might secretly be a Smedry and his power is being annoying.”

4YO: “I don’t have power!”


At the very end of the chapter (these books delight in cliffhanger endings to chapters) Alcatraz opens a door to discover living dinosaurs inside.

8YO: “YES! Talking dinosaurs? I hope they are.”

4YO: “Dinosaurs eat people.”

No comments: