Monday, March 28, 2022

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields and The Pyre of Denethor

Tonight we read The Battle of the Pelennor Fields and The Pyre of Denethor since they temporally overlap. I felt like it was a crossover with The Princess Bride though. As soon as I read about Imrahil discovering that Éowyn was still alive my six year old (who thinks it terrible when my wife and I kiss

😂) was instantly worried!
6YO: “Are they going to marry? Will the rest of it be a boring wedding?”
8YO: “No, there won’t be a wedding. Wait, wedding between whom?”
6YO: “Between Eowen and the man who spoke.”
4YO: “Kissing is scusting!”
8YO: “Are there any weddings in this book?”
6YO: “I hope not!
Me: “You’ll have to wait to see.”
Also if note, later the eight year old said “I think Return of the King means Aragorn.”

No comments: