Wednesday, March 09, 2022

The Uruk-Hai

Tonight we read The Uruk-Hai and got closer to Fangorn. Early on the six year old wondered: “What do Orcs look like?”

As I explained I said that they used to be elves that were twisted by Morgoth, the original dark lord. Later the eight year old asked if the Orcs were older than Sauron. I said that Sauron was very old but then I realized she thought he had come about after the Orcs since he wasn’t the original dark lord so I explained that Sauron had served Morgoth before starting his own venture.
During dinner (we broke for dinner halfway through the chapter) as we were eating fajitas the six year old asked if sour cream could melt. I told her it could and then the eight year old joked “Saruman” as she thought it sounded very similar to sour cream. 😂

No comments: