Saturday, March 26, 2022

The Muster of Rohan

Tonight we read the Muster of Rohan, but I didn’t get any questions about the riders but instead the talk turned to Mordor as soon as mention was made of the cloud that turned day into night.

6YO: “It’s not a cloud.”*
8YO: “How do you know? I hope Sauron the last dark lord. How long has Sauron been the dark lord?”
6YO: “Ten thousand years.”
I added up the lengths of the second and third ages (since Sauron hadn’t ruled on his own before Morgoth fell) and let them know he ruled for almost 6,500 years.
8YO: “How did he live that long?”
Me: “He is immortal.”
*Later I asked her about this and she replied “Because I thought it was black riders on their black steeds blocking out the sun.” She thinks everything unexpected is black riders! In her mind the Nazgûl are around every bend! 😂

No comments: