Sunday, March 20, 2022

The Window on the West

Tonight we read The Window on the West and my six year old has a beef with Tolkien for not incorporating Pegasus.

😂
As I read “something a little strange” the six year old hypothesized that it could be a man on a black flying horse. I reminded her that the nine riders weren’t on horses any longer but on a kind of flying creature.
6YO: “No, I mean Sauron.”
Me: “There are no flying horses in this world.”
6YO (indignant): “You mean the author that made this didn’t have any imagination?”
Me: 😂😂😂
We read on and I asked the kids what the thing that the man spotted could be. The older one didn’t know but the six year old hesitantly said “a black rider?”
I laughed and said “you see black riders everywhere.”
6YO: “They were everywhere!”
8YO: “There weren’t hundreds of them, only nine.”

No comments: